The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing regularly seek proposals from organizations interested in contracting with the Department to provide social services, shelter, and housing to people experiencing homelessness in San Francisco or provide professional services to the Department.
Current Requests for Proposals (RFPs) / Requests for Qualifications (RFQs)
Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program NOFA – Submission Deadline Extended
Description: The City and County of San Francisco, Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing, is seeking proposals from nonprofit service providers and governmental agencies to implement projects to serve unaccompanied homeless youth, age 24 and younger in support of San Francisco’s Coordinated Community Plan to Prevent and End Youth Homelessness and the HSH Strategic Framework, under the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP), funded by United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD).
HSH is seeking applicants from eligible organizations to implement three (3) different project types approved by local YHDP leadership to address a critical resource need to address youth homelessness in San Francisco.
- Host Home housing model for unaccompanied youth aged 18-24, currently not receiving foster care subsidies, with case management and moving support
- Low-barrier supportive Permanent Supportive Housing specifically targeting vulnerable populations aged 18-24, including LGBTQ youth, youth of color, and pregnant and parenting youth.
- Low-barrier supportive Rapid Re-Housing specifically targeting vulnerable populations aged 18-24, including LGBTQ youth, youth of color, and pregnant and parenting youth.
Submission Deadline: 3/2/2018 @ 3pm
Bidders Conference: 1/19/2018 @1pm
Contact: Ali Schlageter Alison.Schlageter@sfgov.org
Description: The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH), in conjunction with the Local Homeless Coordinating Board (LHCB), must submit a comprehensive Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) application annually to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Grant funds on behalf of the City and County of San Francisco. HSH is seeking a qualified individual and/or organization to provide grant-writing, strategic planning, program assessment and evaluation services relating to the annual US Department of Housing and Urban Development Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Grant that is part of the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Act. HSH expects to make one award through this procurement process. The proposed contract work will require that the successful proposer works with HSH to submit a completed CoC NOFA application, which includes the following key tasks:
- Preparing the CoC NOFA Application,
- Collecting and evaluating program information from CoC providers/applicants,
- Provide technical assistance to CoC NOFA applicants,
- Analyze and provide guidance on HUD policies and procedures,
- Presenting HUD policies and procedures updates to the LCHB,
- Develop and implement the review process for CoC NOFA applications,
- Assist HSH staff with HUD annual reporting requirements: Point in Time Count (PIT), Housing Inventory Chart (HIC), Annual Performance Reports (APR) System Performance Measures,
- Provide systematic evaluations of HSH policies and procedures.
The grant agreement shall have an initial term of four years, starting in early 2018. The City shall have the option to extend the term for an additional three-year period, subject to annual availability of funds, satisfactory contractor performance, and the City’s need. HSH has the sole, absolute discretion to exercise this option.
The Pre-Proposal meeting is scheduled for Monday, 11/13/17, 1:30p.m. at HSH, 1360 Mission Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 200, Collaborative Room. Proposals are due Wednesday, November 29, 3:00pm.
- Request for Proposals #108 Continuum of Care Planning and Technical Assistance
- Appendix A to RFP #108 HSH Proposal Budget Form
- RFP #108 Pre-proposal Conference Sign-in Sheet
- RFP #108 Q&A
Description: The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) announces its intent to seek proposals from organizations interested in contracting to provide support services to 36 residents at the supportive housing program located at 501 Ellis Street. The target population is Transitional Age Youth (TAY), ages 18 – 24, currently participating in the 501 Ellis Street Supportive Housing Program in San Francisco who have serious mental illness and are homeless, marginally housed, or at imminent risk of homelessness. These TAY represent diverse genders, races, ethnicities and sexual orientations. The county mental health department, or its designee, will certify the target population eligibility for the MHSA funded housing and services. Supportive services will include:
- Wraparound intensive case management
- Mental health intervention and counseling
- Peer-based counseling
- Life skills including money management, vocational training and employment counseling.
The goals of these services are to empower tenants to stabilize, become self-sufficient, increase their income and education levels, and move on to more independent living while also promoting community building, tenant participation, and maintaining a safe, supportive and stable environment.
The grant agreement shall have an initial term from January 2018 through June 2021. The City shall have the option to extend the term for an additional two year period, subject to annual availability of funds, satisfactory grantee performance, and need. HSH has the sole, absolute discretion to exercise this option. The source of funding for these services will be from the California Mental Health Services Act. Payment for all services provided in accordance with provisions under this grant shall be contingent upon the availability of funds for the purpose of providing these services. The City shall not be required to provide any definite units of services nor does the City guarantee any minimum amount of funding for these services. The Department reserves the right to make one or multiple awards.
The Pre-Proposal meeting is scheduled for Monday, 11/27/17, 10:00a.m. at HSH, 1360 Mission Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 200. Proposals are due Friday, December 15, 5:00pm.
NOTICE: Addendum No. 1 to RFP #109 was posted on December 7, 2017
- Request for Proposals #109 Support Services for Transitional Age Youth Needing Mental Health Support
- Appendix A to RFP #109 HSH Proposal Budget Form
- Notice of Addendum to RFP #109
- Addendum No.1 to RFP #109
- RFP #109 Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-in Sheet
- RFP #109 Q&A
Description: The San Francisco Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) is seeking qualified service providers to carry out activities relating to the operation of the San Francisco Coordinated Entry (SFCE) and provide SFCE-connected services for people experiencing homelessness. The intent of this RFQ is to identify a pool of qualified providers who may be selected to perform services in seven specified service components:
- Access Points for Adults Experiencing Homelessness
2. Stabilization Units for Adults Experiencing Homelessness
3. Housing and Tenancy Stabilization Services for Adults Experiencing Homelessness
4. Administration of Flexible Subsidy Pool for Adults Experiencing Homelessness
5. Access Point in Mission District for Families Experiencing Homelessness
6. Access Points for Unaccompanied Youth Experiencing Homelessness
7. Shelter/Navigation Center Transportation Services
Contracts that are negotiated through this RFQ shall have an initial term of two years with the option to extend for up to three years, for a total of up to five years of contracted term.
An RFQ packet may be picked up at HSH, Office of Contract Management, 1360 Mission Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 200, on or after December 22, 2017. RFQ packets are available on the internet at http://mission.sfgov.org/OCABidPublication/, select “Consultants and Professional Services” from the Category drop-down menu and look for RFQ #110.
The Pre-Proposal meeting is to be held on Friday, January 12, 2018, 10:00 a.m., at HSH, 1360 Mission Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94103.
Proposals are due by Wednesday, January 24, 2017, 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 3:00 p.m. This RFQ is re-opened to accept new or revised proposal submissions.
For further information, contact Maggie Chui via email@example.com, or call 415-355-5235.
RFQ #110 revision is issued on January 9, 2018.
The Word version of the Qualifications Submission Cover Page and Minimum Qualifications Summary are uploaded on January 9, 2018.
RFQ #110 Addendum No. 1 and Q&A are issued on January 22, 2018.
The Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet is issued on January 23, 2018.
RFQ #110 Addendum No. 2 is issued on February 9, 2018. The revised Word version of the Minimum Qualifications Statement is uploaded on February 9, 2018, to replace the old version.
NOTICE: RFQ 110 Amended (1.9.18)
RFQ 110 Amended (2.9.18)
- Request for Qualifications #110 Providers to Administer San Francisco Coordinated Entry and Related Services (Amended 1.9.18 with redline changes)
- Request for Qualifications #110 Providers to Administer San Francisco Coordinated Entry and Related Services (Amended 1.9.18 FINAL)
- Addendum #1 for RFQ #110 Issued 1.22.18
- RFQ #110 Q&A Issued 1.22.18
- RFP #110 Pre-Proposal Conference Sign-In Sheet 1.12.18
- RFQ #110 – Minimum Qualifications Summary (Updated 2.9.18)
- RFQ #110 – Qualifications Submission Cover Page
- Addendum #2 for RFQ #110 Issued 2.9.18