Employment Opportunities with the
Department of Homelessness & Supportive Housing
1312 Public Information Officer (Date Opened 12/30/2019: Filing Deadline 1/13/2020 @5pm)
The Strategy and External Affairs (SEA) division of the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing is responsible for managing governmental affairs, community relations and communications. The team also drives strategic planning, implementation, culture development and partnerships.
Under direction of the Communications and Community Engagement Lead, the Public Information officer will work as a member of the Strategy and External Affairs Team and will perform the following duties:
- Media relations and response
- Development of department wide collateral, content and talking points
- Management of the Sunshine process and recommendations to improve our efficiency in response
- Represent HSH in community meetings to expand resources for people experiencing homelessness, educate the public on homelessness in our community and/or to respond to community concerns
- Development and management of department events
- Other duties as assigned.
Nature of Work:
For more information: https://jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PEX&R2=1312&R3=903947
Equal Employment Opportunity: The City and County of San Francisco encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law.