Families seeking shelter or housing should visit one of the Family Coordinated Entry Access Points to be navigated to assistance.
Bayview Access Point
1641 LaSalle Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
Phone Number: 415-430-6320
Central City Access Point
995 Market Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone Number: 415-644-0504
Adult Permanent Supportive Housing
HSH administers locally and federally funded supportive housing to provide long-term affordable housing with on-site social services to people exiting chronic homelessness. San Francisco’s adult supportive housing programs offer housing to very low-income homeless adults and couples without custody of children. Some of the units in this portfolio are in SRO hotels that have been renovated by their owners and are managed by non-profit organizations that provide property management and supportive services. Other housing in this portfolio is provided in apartment buildings that offer housing to adults that meet the specific eligibility requirements of each building.
All referrals to HSH’s permanent supportive housing are managed through Coordinated Entry. Adults without children who are experiencing homelessness and seeking permanent supportive housing are encouraged to participate in the Problem Solving and Coordinated Entry process by visiting an Adult Access Point.
Housing for Veterans
HSH and its partners provide supportive housing for chronically homeless veterans. To access programs and housing for veterans please contact:
- Swords to Plowshares
1060 Howard Street
San Francisco CA 94103
- Veterans Administration Downtown Clinic
401 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
National Hotline for Homeless Veterans: 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838)
All veterans experiencing homelessness should be referred to the San Francisco’s Veterans Coordinated Entry Program.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) provides housing services to homeless veterans and their families. SSVF services include:
- Housing search & placement assistance
- Eviction prevention
- Rental assistance
- Utility payments
- Security deposit & first month’s rent
- Move-in expenses assistance
- Childcare expenses assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Application for SSI and SSDI support
- Money Management services
To access SSVF services contact Swords to Plowshares:
- 1060 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 12 pm, 1 pm – 4 pm
Appointments strongly encouraged
Supportive Housing for Transitional Age Youth
HSH administers supportive housing for transitional age youth (18-24) exiting homelessness. HSH does not accept direct referrals to these housing developments. Referrals come from pre-identified, non-profit Access Point Agencies, Family and Children Services, and Juvenile Probation. Referrals are limited by the number of available units at any housing site and are made on a rotating basis. All youth must be referred by one of the identified Access Point Agencies in order to submit an application. These access points include:
- Larkin Street Youth Services
- Homeless Youth Alliance
- First Place for Youth
- At the Crossroads
- Guardian Scholars (City College)
- Guardian Scholars (SF State)
- Family Children Services (Human Services Agency, SF)
- Huckleberry Youth Programs
- Family Services Agency
- Juvenile Probation
- The Center
- Booker T Washington
Affordable and Low-Income Housing Opportunities
- Curry Senior Services and Episcopal Community Services issue a monthly list of affordable and low-income housing opportunities click here to access the monthly list.
- The Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development manages an online portal for affordable rental and homeownership opportunities in San Francisco. Visit the online portal here.