1. 1824 Safe Sleep Project Manager (One Position) – Shelters and Navigation Centers
Safe Sleep Programs administers and coordinates contracts, grants and other funding sources to support Safe Sleep and temporary shelter programs, including the preparation of periodic reports and presentations; leads negotiations with service providers to ensure targeted clients have access to program benefits and facilitates positive results; provides technical assistance and consultation to community organizations and service providers; assists in interpreting, understanding, implementing and coordinating program goals and activities; coordinates with HSH’s Contract Division to manage consistent and effective contracts with providers; coordinates activities and assists in developing and implementing systems and best practices to support operation of programs. The Principal Administrative Analyst of Safe Sleep Programs reports to the Manager of Navigation Centers and Shelter Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and manages Safe Sleep, temporary shelter, and related programs.
- Makes hiring recommendations and on-boards new program managers.
- Supervises and trains a team comprised of program managers and administrative staff including assignment of responsibilities, monitoring progress, and performance planning and evaluation.
- Initiates policies and plans overall operations of the Safe Sleep and temporary shelter portfolio; assesses and determines goals and priorities of a program.
- Develops, maintains, administers and monitors contracts with non-profit providers.
- Formulates, implements and documents program guidelines and policies, procedures and quality assurance; develops policies and procedures for the program.
- Plans, collaborates and evaluates the development and implementation of new Safe Sleep programs and program sites.
- Manages and monitors complex contracts with community-based organizations.
- Provides quantitative and qualitative impact analysis of the Safe Sleep and temporary shelter portfolio.
- Proposes and provides solutions to problems that arise within the section’s portfolio.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of the Coordinated Entry System and the ONE system.
- Prepares statistical analyses and reports to inform policy and funding decisions.
- Participates in and represents the section at community, departmental and interdepartmental meetings; makes presentations to task forces and committees; serves as department liaison with outside agencies.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures within the Temporary Shelter Program section as well as HSH’s Program Division.