1. 1823 Senior Administrative Analyst (One Position Available)
Essential Duties Include:
Manage projects and processes related to the adoption of new technology for Homelessness Prevention service delivery, program and performance management, and reporting. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ongoing collaboration with community partners, consultants, providers and staff to continue design and implementation of a citywide Homelessness Prevention Platform,
- Ensuring the Platform is integrated into programmatic workflows
efficiently and effectively.
- Developing and ongoing training curriculum and plan.
- Conduct analysis, maintain and manipulate data and information resources, conduct quality assurance of data sources, and identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data quality issues.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance and adherence to federal, state and local expectations.
- Conduct regular and ad hoc reports and quantitative and qualitative analysis using a variety of internal and external data sources and statistical software to inform monitoring, policy development, evaluation, and research related to HSH’s mission, program trends and patterns to further the principles of the HSH Strategic Framework in the implementation and development of a Homelessness Prevention System. This includes analyzing and evaluating program and system data through an equity lens and making recommendations to address structural and programmatic gaps.
- Support the citywide evaluation of Homelessness Prevention System and Regional approach to Prevention, develop and implement routine reporting as well as initiative-based reporting that supports HSH and the broader community in tracking progress and refining strategies to effectively identify and serve households at risk of homelessness.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred to hiring.
- Ability to convey complex, technical and controversial information simply and clearly for a diverse audience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with nonprofit service providers, including Homeless Response System (HRS) providers.
- Ability to communicate information clearly for internal and external stakeholders, including the general public.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of homeless services, programs, policies and operations.
- Knowledge about best practices in housing and homelessness, social welfare, and other related fields.
- Demonstrable skills with statistical software such as, Power BI, Looker, and GIS.
- Expertise with client level data systems, including the Online Navigation and Entry (ONE) System