Outside of the services provided by HSH, there are numerous essential services provided by our partners at other City agencies and by nonprofit organizations. If you’re experiencing or are at risk of homelessness, please use the following resources:
- If you have internet access, start by visiting SF Service Guide for a list of services. You can access information about food, showers, eviction defense, employment assistance and many more services.
- 311, the City customer service line, can also provide a list of resources near you.
- Visit Link-SF.com for additional lists of providers and resources.
- Please note: Fine and fee discounts may be available if you have had an assessment done at an Access Point within the last six months. Ask Access Point staff about free Muni passes, a one-time waiver of tow and storage costs, a one-time waiver of a “boot” fine, and discounted citations. Learn more on the SFMTA website.
Resources for Veterans Experiencing Homelessness:
HSH offers a variety of services for veterans. Veterans can access the HSH Shelter system or Coordinated Entry system (for families with children or adults, as applicable) using the instructions on our website.
Swords to Plowshares:
- supportive housing
- Housing search & placement assistance
- Eviction prevention
- Rental assistance
- Security deposit & first month’s rent
- Move-in expenses assistance
- Childcare expenses assistance
- Transportation assistance
- application for SSI and SSDI support
- Utility payments
- Money Management services
|1060 Howard St.|
San Francisco, CA 94103
Drop-in Hours: Monday – Friday: 9AM – 12PM, 1 – 4PM
Appointments strongly encouraged
Veteran’s Administration Downtown Clinic
The San Francisco VA Downtown Clinic offers a wide range of psychosocial and health care services. This comprehensive homeless center offers extensive programs that include outreach, therapy, housing, benefits, and employment.
401 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4:30PM
Crisis and Suicide Prevention
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 | Start a Chat | Text any message to 83825
For general assistance, you can also call the National Hotline for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET.