The Homeward Bound program is designed to help reunite people experiencing homelessness in San Francisco with family and friends willing and able to offer ongoing support to end the cycle of homelessness. Through the Homeward Bound Program, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing can provide you with a bus ticket home if you:
- are homeless/low income and living in San Francisco; and
- have family or friends at the destination that Homeward Bound staff can verify as willing and able to provide you a place to stay and ongoing support; and
- are medically stable enough to travel unassisted to the destination; and
- are sober and able to abstain from alcohol or using other substances en route.
You may not travel with a pet. An exception may be made for a certified service animal (by Greyhound bus only).
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Response, we are working remotely and are accepting program referrals through the online form below.
Additional information about Homeward Bound can be found here:
- Homeward Bound Flyer – English
- Homeward Bound Flyer – Spanish
- Homeward Bound Flyer – Chinese
- Homeward Bound Flyer – Tagalog
This form is open to anyone- If you need assistance with filling it out, or have questions, you can call or visit any of the Access Points listed here.