Cold weather expansion from the evening of March 9th – morning March 13th
Due to the current forecast related to low temperatures and wind, HSH will be activating our Cold and/or Wet Weather Medium Level Response from the evening of Monday March 9th – morning of Friday March 13th.
The Adult Temporary Shelter System will be expanded by 25 mats. The availability of these mats can be accessed through HOT or at MSC-South Drop-In at 525 5th Street. Mats are available between 8:00PM and 7:00AM for each night of the activation period (Monday March 9th – morning of Friday March 13th).
This wet/cold expansion is in addition to the season-long Winter Interfaith Shelter. More information about the Winter Interfaith Shelter, can be found here: http://hsh.sfgov.org/services/emergencyshelter/
- Cold Weather Public Safety and Preparedness Information (Multilingual resource)
Adult individuals seeking shelter should:
- Visit MSC-South Drop-In Center (525 5th Street, open 7 days a week, 24/7). This location will know about any available vacancies in the regular shelter system and available expansion mats during the activation period.
- Make a one-night shelter reservation. Beds become available starting at 4:30pm daily:
- Glide Walk-In Center, 330 Ellis Street, Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 9PM
- Mission Neighborhood Resource Center, 165 Capp Street
- Monday – Friday, 7AM – Noon & 2 – 7PM; Saturday 7AM – Noon
- United Council, 2111 Jennings Street; Daily, 7PM – 9AM
- Access the Adult Emergency Shelter Reservation System for 90-day reservations by calling 311 and placing your name on the waiting list through CHANGES.
Families (one or more adults with one or more minor children, 17 and under) seeking shelter should:
Access Emergency Family Shelter at First Friendship, 501 Steiner Street, between 3:00pm – 8:00PM for an overnight stay.
If you witness an emergency situation:
If there is a concern about any unsheltered individual, family or group at a specific location, please notify and provide descriptive location and other details to:
- 311 regarding a general outreach need, or
- 911 if an emergency/critical response is indicated.
For regular updates, please check back at this page and follow us on Twitter @SF_HSH.