- For general inquiries about the department, please contact the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing at 628-652-7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you experiencing homelessness? Get information about how to access our services.
- Do you want to express neighborhood concerns? Learn about our Citywide response systems and the best way to get in touch.
Key Information for Clients
Client Record Requests
Clients who are requesting a copy of their own client records should submit the Client Records Request form:
- Via email to email@example.com or
- Mail/drop off the form at HSH’s main office (440 Turk Street, San Francisco, CA 94102).
- Form available in: Spanish (español) | Chinese (简体中文) | Filipino.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Participant Grievance Policy
Housing and services providers are required to have an internal grievance procedure to handle complaints. Program participants must try to resolve the issue by raising the grievance directly with their provider. After a participant has exhausted the agency’s internal grievance procedure, the participant can file a grievance with HSH. Get more details in the HSH participant grievance policy, available in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Filipino.
If a participant has reason to believe they received: (1) unsatisfactory services or poor treatment, (2) discrimination occurred, and/or the (3) program/procedure was unfair, they should submit a written grievance with the following information:
- The type of grievance they are filing (unsatisfactory services/poor treatment, discrimination, or unfair procedures).
- Names of all relevant staff involved in the grievance.
- Agency employing the staff.
- Specific details that resulted in the grievance.
Address the grievance to the Program Division Manager for Housing, Coordinated Entry, or the relevant division and send either:
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail or dropped off at:
Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing
440 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Public Records Requests
Please email HSHsunshine@sfgov.org
For media inquiries, please contact the Communications and Legislative Affairs Team via the general phone line at 628-652-7700.
Inquiries may also be directed via email: HSHmedia@sfgov.org
The Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing accepts subpoenas for records and appearances related to official Department business only. No subpoenas concerning personal matters shall be accepted. All subpoenas must be served as per the California Evidence Code and cannot be accepted through mail or electronic delivery.
Subpoenas must be served to City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 200
Stay up-to-date with the Department’s news, including information on new resources, changes to programs, inclement weather notifications, and general updates.