Access current reports about the core components of HSH’s system and our equity work.
Equity in the Homelessness Response System
Equity is the central consideration in everything we do, and we are working to bring an equity lens to the forefront of all our planning and actions.
- HSH Racial Equity Plan 2021
- HSH submitted a report to the San Francisco Office of Racial Equity in 2021 with information about our plans to advance equity in our work.
- HSH Opportunities for Advancing Racial Equity Phase I – NIS Report
- We worked with NIS Center for Housing Justice to identify a set of priorities and actions to advance racial equity goals. Phase I focused on the culture, process, and structure of the Department.
- HSH Opportunities for Advancing Racial Equity Phase II – NIS Report
- The second part of NIS’s report focused on opportunities to advance racial equity in the broader homelessness response system.
- San Francisco Opportunities for Advancing Racial Equity – Website
- This website contains reports and updates related to NIS’s racial equity work with HSH.
- Access archived racial equity reports.
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI):
- SOGI Data Collection Compliance Plan and Report – 2020
- Historically, LGBTQ communities have encountered many barriers when trying to get services. HSH wants to ensure equity across all our services. Since 2017, we have collected demographic data to track out progress.
- Access archived SOGI reports.
Core Components of the Homelessness Response System
Access recent reports related to the core programs components of HSH’s work.
- Homeless shelter system: recovery and expansion
- Learn about the San Francisco shelter system’s recovery and expansion after COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Alternative Shelter Program
- Access information about the alternative shelter programs stood up during COVID-19.
- San Francisco Controllers Office Vehicle Triage Center Evaluation Memo – February 1, 2021
- Get information about outcomes from HSH’s pilot Vehicle Triage Center, which ran from 2019 to 2021.
- HSH Eviction from Subsidized Housing Report – 2021
- Access a summary about the number of evictions from HSH permanent supportive housing.
- Access archived reports.
- SIP Rehousing
- Get information about next steps for guests from the COVID-19 shelter-in-place hotels.
Older reports about elements of the Homelessness Response System are on the Archive page.