Do you need food or other services, like a shower or employment assistance?
- You can start by visiting SF Service Guide for a list of services.
- Call 311 (the City customer service line) for a list of resources near your location.
- Call 211 (the County customer service line) for additional resources. 211 wait times might be long.
- Visit Link-SF.com for additional lists of providers and resources.
Other Helpful Resources:
- Homeward Bound: Reunite with family and friends outside of San Francisco. Call 415-558-1217 or visit 1235 Mission Street. (Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM – 4 PM, closed 12 – 1 PM)
- Eviction Defense Collaborative: If you are a low-income family, a single adult, an individual with a disability or a senior, the collaboration offers defense, legal assistance and tenant rights education. Call 415-659-9184 (open 24 hours by phone) or visit evictiondefense.org.
- Transitional housing may be available for veterans, families, youth and survivors of domestic violence experiencing homelessness. Learn more on our services page.
- There are more resources for veterans experiencing homelessness. Learn more on our services page.
- Fine and fee discounts may be available if you have had an assessment done at an Access Point within the last six months. Ask Access Point staff about free Muni passes, a one-time waiver of tow and storage costs, a one-time waiver of a “boot” fine, and discounted citations.