This program is a unique opportunity to temporarily host LGBTQ+ young adults (18-24) as they receive case management services to help secure stable housing. Host Homes staff work to ensure good matches between hosts and guests and provide support. Learn more on the SF LGBT Center website.
Become a Landlord
To help make homelessness in San Francisco rare, brief, and one time, the San Francisco Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing is partnering with community-based organizations to connect people who need housing with vacant, privately owned, and competitively priced apartments in neighborhoods throughout the City.
Why should property owners get involved?
- Help with filling vacant units: We refer qualified tenants to your vacant unit and support them throughout the application and move-in process.
- Guaranteed rent payment: Tenants receive a rent subsidy which is paid directly to the property provider partner (amount and duration of subsidy vary).
- Landlord and tenant support: Program staff maintain frequent contact with tenants and landlords to ensure that the tenant/landlord relationship is successful and sustainable.
- Help individuals experiencing homelessness in your community!
Ready to help? Contact our partners:
As we continue to expand our Permanent Supportive Housing portfolio as part of the Mayor’s Homelessness Recovery Plan, the City and County of San Francisco invites property owners and authorized representatives interested in selling or leasing their properties to submit their information. The City is interested in properties including (but not limited to) tourist hotels, residential Single-Room Occupancy (SRO) hotels and other multi-unit housing sites. Your response to this Request for Information (RFI) will help the City identify properties for the possible acquisition or master leasing of permanent supportive housing sites to house people currently experiencing homelessness.
- Learn more about RFI 100-A
- RFI Questions and Communications: Interested parties are directed not to contact any employees, agents or officials of the City other than those specifically designated in this RFI. All questions must be submitted by email to HSHhousing@sfgov.org.
- Final Deadline for submitting information: April 30, 2021.