St. Vincent de Paul Society’s Young Adult Temporary Hotel Voucher Program (also called Urgent Accommodation Voucher program, or UAV) assists young people ages 18-27 who are experiencing an emergency or do not have access to a traditional shelter by providing them with a hotel voucher for up to 14 days.
In addition to providing emergency shelter, this program provides its participants with:
- Case management.
- Linkage to housing problem solving and assessment
- Employment services
- Benefit assistance
- Help obtaining critical documents (birth certificates, State ID, Social Security Card)
- Other individualized supports based on identified needs
At the end of a stay, the program’s case manager will link youth to a longer-term shelter stay where they can work on more stable housing solutions.
For eligibility please call:
- (415) 350-4913 – Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- (415) 939-3084 – After hours