Homelessness Oversight Commission
The Homelessness Oversight Commission (HOC) launched in May 2023 after San Francisco voters approved the creation of the Commission through a ballot measure in November 2022. It is the main body that oversees HSH’s work. The HOC’s main responsibilities include:
- Approving budgets
- Formulating annual and long-term goals
- Establishing departmental performance standards
- Holding hearings and taking testimony
- Conducting public education and outreach
- Conducting performance audits of HSH’s service delivery
The HOC will also:
- Appoint all members of the Local Homeless Coordinating Board (LHCB) and receive advice from the LHCB on federal Continuum of Care (CoC) programs.
- Appoint all members of the Shelter Grievance Advisory Committee (SGAC) and receive an annual written report from SGAC.
- Appoint all members of the Shelter Monitoring Committee (SMC) and receive regular reports from the SMC.
- Receive advice and recommendations from the Our City, Our Home Oversight (OCOH) Committee on the administration of Prop C (2018) funding.
There are seven seats on the Homeless Oversight Commission.
To apply for one of the committees listed above please fill out and submit the form linked below. Each submission will be reviewed by the Homelessness Oversight Commission. If you have any questions please contact Bridget Badasow at Bridget.Badasow@sfgov.org. For information on eligibility requirements for each committee, please visit the committee pages above.
- Local Homeless Coordinating Board Seats – 5
- Shelter Monitoring Committee Seats – 2
- Shelter Grievance Advisory Committee Seats – 4
For a PDF version of this application please Click Here.